Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Kwik Media folder views
atomicali
post Nov 19 2011, 07:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,102,009

Kwik media has an irriating issue when it comes to listing files and folders.
So I have my tv shows in a folder called TV shows and in that folder I have folders with the name of the show, then folders with the series number.
EG TV shows > Fringe > Series one.
Same goes for all the other tv shows. Individual once off shows are just in the root of TV Shows.
Now Kwikmedia does not seem to want list the top level folder of a series (series name) but instead lists all the damn series one folders from all the TV series.
See attachment.
Is there any way to stop this godawful behaviour and get Kwikmedia to just list the top level folder of each tv series and any individual video files that are in the root of TV Shows.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 19 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Double click on a folder. Select the additional functionalities up arrow on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Select, collapse all. Does that work for you? If not, I don't know of any other way to do it.

+Quote Post
atomicali
post Nov 19 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Nope no dice. stil shows all the series and season folderds as separate items.
I just want Kwik Media to list the top level folders in the root of TV shows. Seems to be a common problem with "media software" actually. Windows Media Centre does similar and it is downright stupid that this behaviour cannot be changed.

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 20 2011, 04:28 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Interesting.

I didn't have any folders with subfolders so I created some and put a video in each subfolder. As you said, it doesn't list the subfolder under the primary folder. It lists it on its own and collapsing doesn't change that.

You could send an e-mail to tech support and request a change. These things are always iffy. Some people like to see everything and other people only want to see the top folder. It forces the developers to create some extra options to accomodate both sets of people.

+Quote Post
atomicali
post Nov 20 2011, 07:47 AM
Post #5

Ye may have to email tech support about this "feature" Or reorganise every rotten folder so that they are only one layer deep.
IE
Fringe Season 1
Fringe Season 2
Etc etc.
Gah

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 20 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I hear you but it won't be changed if people don't request it.

+Quote Post
atomicali
post Nov 21 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (wither @ Nov 20 2011, 05:47 PM) *
I hear you but it won't be changed if people don't request it.

Yep request/complaint sent. Will see what happens.
Would also be nice to have live tv recording watching bullt in to it like Windows Media Centre, or Media Portal. Would then make Kwik Media much more useful.
Or make Nero media Home a part of the Platinum suite.

Ah feature creep.

:P

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 21 2011, 04:24 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

We all like features. Most people would just like Nero to reinstall many of the ones they removed. Ditto for other software.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Nov 21 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

Hi all,

I don't understand the discussion. May be there is a misunderstanding. Either I don't really like KM but in this case I am sure it is working correct. It shows logical structures of the folders for the relevant media type (and only for that), against the Windows browser which shows physical structures. As you have the possibility in KM to change to the Windows browser, there is no need for an option you can switch between this two kinds of displaying folder structures in library handling.

Everything clear ?

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 21 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

In the browsing view, when KM encounters a folder with subfolders, it shows all of them. He only wants to see the top folder and then be able to navigate to the subfolders as in WE.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Nov 21 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Yes wither, I did understand that, and I understand it as a lack too, would say, the now current solution is unsatisfying/primitive. But at first opening the folder for navigating through subfolders means, that he is working like in a physical structure. May be this will be solved in a future version with an additional option because it is a similiar requirement like qualified searching/selecting (e.g. display only folders/media files based on name uvw.. and/or attributes xyz.. or based on used-by/using references), which is an urgent need, especially in big library environments. This is missing in KM too until now. But there is few hope, because, if such features were not planned during development of a system concept and once the code exists, it would be difficult to add them lateron. You are risking to get patchwork or to have completely coding new. And there is another argument. As KM should be distributed furthermore as freeware the investments therein are limited.

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Nov 23 2011, 03:18 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 21 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

ok. You said you didn't understand the conversation and I was just clarifying it for you. As you know, a person can do a search from the Browser for media.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Nov 21 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

wither, I said I didn't understand the discussion, that's a difference. And I explained why, due to the facts I mentioned in my first reply. Please read my last reply above and you will understand, what I was meaning. In this thread library functionality is requested, which would be needed for a "search for media" (means on an attribute media type) e.g. But this functionality is not available in KM and, as I think, it will not be available in the future too, due to the reasons I ementioned above. As I tried to explain, KM is based on a low level library concept, which allows only displaying all folders containing the relevant media type (video, pictures or audio) the same time, but no folder structures.

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Nov 21 2011, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic