2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
> Nero 11 Platinum won't play dvd or blu-ray discs
victor-b
post Nov 7 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,353,278

On 11/06/11 I installed Nero 11 Platimum software on my pc.

I downloaded and installed all of the latest Nero 11 Platinum updates after the initial installation.

I cannot play a single movie dvd or blu-ray disc.

The Nero Kwik Media will not work at all on any disc. Message reads: Could no read disc, Re-entry?

I also have Nero 7 on the hd and the Showtime 3 plays all of the dvds except blu-ray.

Has anyone encountered install problems similar to this?

Frustrating!

:o

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 8 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I saw this last night but didn't respond because it had me a little baffled. Still am. It could be the patent activation.

Open Nero Video and then select Create & Export\DVD\DVD-Video. If you have one, import a mpeg-4 video file. Do you see the patent activation occurring?

Then try Import, Import disc. Insert one of the DVD's. Does it import and is the video visible?

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 8 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #3

I did as you suggested and I was able to import and mpeg-4 file from the hdd and play/view it;

then I imported video from a disk and it also played.

I did not see any patent activation occurring and I still cannot play video from Kwik Media, same message:

Could no read disc, Re-entry?

I checked my license from the control center and is says Expires: never, State: OK

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 9 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Open KM and select Market. Are Kwik play blu-ray and Kwik play DVD shown as installed? If not, install them.

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 9 2011, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Last night I uninstalled the entire Nero Platinum 11 software, cleaned the windows xp registry of any remnants.

I then re-installed the software, downloaded the updates and I am back to the same place.

I checked Kwik Media market and all of the add-ons are installed, Kwik Media still will not recognize any media disc or file

Is it posible to have a defective installation disk for the software?

I have never experienced a problem with software like this before!

:angry:

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Nov 9 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (victor-b @ Nov 9 2011, 02:32 PM) *
Is it posible to have a defective installation disk for the software?

No, in this case the installation would not work at all.

Question: Do you have any other software installed that may interact with you drives?
E.g. another burning-software, a "hide cdr" software (like offerer by clone cd)

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 9 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

If you cleansed your registry of Nero, you spent hours doing so. Probably the best way to uninstall is to use the free Revo uninstaller. It will clean up the registry after the nero installer uninstalls the product.

Look in the Nero 11 folder and find nero burn rights. Run the .exe file and check to see if everyone has burn rights.

jens-f- it's interesting that Nero Video is aware of the disk drives. But then KM appears to be a standalone, even when installed with the suite.

I wonder what would happen if the Windows Autoplay options were changed to KM for blu-ray discs.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Nov 9 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (wither @ Nov 9 2011, 04:32 PM) *
jens-f- it's interesting that Nero Video is aware of the disk drives.

As far as i understand the posting, also kwik as aware of the disk drives - but one he try the playback, he gets the "cannot read disc" message.

This has also nothing to do with patents - it simply say, that kwik recognizes the disc, but cannot read the data.

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 10 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Yep, you're right. Lost sight of that. I wonder why NV can read them? He said he has the Kwik DVD and Kwik Blu-ray installed. Sounds like he needs to send an e-mail to tech support.

Where did victor-b go?

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 11 2011, 03:54 AM
Post #10

I received the following e-mail from tech support:

thank you for your e-mail.

The problem you describe can have several causes. As a result, we require specific information for further analysis.
Please proceed with the following steps and send us the required information:

1. The Log archive NeroSupport.cab
2. A step-by-step description on how you proceeded
3. Information on your source video file

The Log archive NeroSupport.cab

Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id=209&gen_id=8

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
-> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
The tool may take several minutes.
You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.

Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.

Additionally, we would like to point out some details of the "GetSupportFiles" tool.

The following information will be gathered:
- All available log files of different Nero applications.
- System information gathered by the Windows tool "MSInfo32".
- Information on the installed DirectX version. For this, the Windows application "DXDiag" will be used.
- The "SchedLgU.txt" log file. This file contains information on currently scheduled tasks (e.g. the JobScheduler in Nero BackItUp).
- Extracts from the registry:
a. Information on the settings with which Nero applications run.
b. Information on how the CD/DVD drives have been installed.

Please note:
If the "GetSupportFiles" tool crashes then simply start it again.
When the tool is started again it will automatically recognize the particular program that caused the crash. As a result, that diagnostics program will be omitted.

A step-by-step description on how you proceeded

How did you start Nero KwikMedia?
Did you double-click the icon "Nero StartSmart" on the desktop and then subsequently selected the entries "Photo and Video"-"Playback Multimedia"?
Or did you go via the Windows Start Menu by clicking on "Start", then subsequently selecting the entries "Programs"-"Nero"-"Nero 10"-"Nero Kwik Media"?
Or did you start Nero Kwik Media by double-clicking the respective video file?
If you get the error message, please let us know when exactly you did receive the error message.
Please provide a step-by-step description on how you proceeded and specify each button you selected:
(For example: you subsequently clicked the icons "Photo and Video" - "Playback Multimedia". The window "Options" opened, etc.…)

Information on your source video file

a) What format does the source video file have?
(AVI, MPEG, VOB,...)
If the file type of the video file is not apparent, please proceed as follows:
Right-click the "Start" button in the Windows start menu and select "Explorer". Open the folder in which your video file is saved.
Right-click the video file in Windows Explorer
-> The context menu will open.
Proceed by selecting the "Preferences" entry. The format will now be listed in the input field of the "General" tab.

b) What kind of audio format does your files have?
(DTS, Dolby,...)

c) Is the source video file saved on your hard drive or is it accessed from CD/DVD (or another external device)?

d) Where does the source video file come from?
From an original store bought DVD, a downloaded video file from the Internet, recorded with a standalone DVD recorder, a recording from a TV capture card, a camcorder,...?

e) If you created/converted the video file by yourself from another file:
Which format did the original file have? Can you play the original file without any problems?

f) Can you play back the video file on your PC? If you can, which player is used? (WinDVD, PowerDVD, Windows Media Player)

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Dirk Tillinger
Nero Support

Nero Development and Services GmbH
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : +49 (0)7248 928 499
http://www.nero.com

NERO – SIMPLY ENJOY™
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Paul Brothe, Simone Hoefer
District Court/Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 706530

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the aim of improving our products, offers and services, we would like to invite you to participate in an online survey focusing on your usage of Nero products and digital media tasks. We highly value your opinion and your input will help shape future versions of our products.

Please click this link to begin your survey:
http://nero.com/ts-survey

Best Regards,

The Nero Team

prob-id2 = 329179-36934

At this point I have done nothing! I'll try over the weekend to see if I can get the info they're asking for but I'm not sure I'm up to the task.. victor-b

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 11 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Getting the nerosupport.cab is very straightforward. Just follow their instructions.

It should be pretty simple to describe how you started KM and what you selected.

I'm not sure what you can tell Dirk about a commercial DVD or BD except what's on the packaging. You can insert a DVD into a drive and view it with Windows Explorer. It would probably say Video_TS but it's not going to tell you the actual format of the original video.

However, that brings up an interesting point. If you create your own DVD-Video DVD, can you play the DVD in Kwik Media? If not, you would be able to provide the video and audio formats.

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 11 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #12

I just finished sending the requested infor to Tech Support.

As far as Kwik Media is concerned it will not play any files vob or m2ts from a purchased dvd, from the hdd or any other source.

The only video files I can play are vob files but only w/ Nero Showtime 3.

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 12 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I can't remember if kwik dvd and kwik blu-ray are listed as installed apps in the control panel but, if they are, I would uninstall them and reinstall them.

If you open nero control center and look under serial numbers, is kwik dvd and kwik blu-ray listed?

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Nov 12 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hi wither

you just have Nero 11 Listed in installed apps

Adriano

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 13 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Yeh, I know. Got confused with v10.

however, they should be listed in ControlCenter.

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 21 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #16

It's been 10 days since I sent the files to Nero support and still no answer.

How long does it usually take to get a reply?

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 21 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Usually I tell people to allow up to 7 working days but that is very unusual.

Did you use the e-mail address that is in your My Nero profile to send the files? If not, they may be unaware of your submittal.

I assume you have an automated response. Get the technical support ID from that and go to the chat line (GMT Berlin) and ask the status.

Let us know the resolution when you get one.

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 22 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #18

I just did an online chat w/ Nero and verified that tech support received my email w/ the requested info.

They are sorry for the delay but are working to find a solution.

So I guess I'll just be patient wait.

+Quote Post
victor-b
post Nov 24 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #19

I received an email this AM, 11/24/11, from Nero techsupport suggesting that I update my graphics card driver (Nvidia GeForce PCX5750).

I downloaded and installed the latest driver dated (9/07/08). The results in attempting to play a blu-ray movie are the same.

(Please restart Nero Kwik Media an error has occurred Error-Code 0x88880009)

Apparently the card/driver are not the problem.

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 25 2011, 03:40 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Way back when, you said you can't play a video from your hard drive so it's not strictly a optical drive issue.. I assume that's still the case- you add a folder containing video files to the library and try to play one and it won't work. Is that true?

I don't think KM is seeing the video codecs on your system. Which anti-virus program do you have? If you turn it off, does that change anything? Long shot on this one.

It could also be a .dll problem.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed Topic