Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 9 Essentials
kaidi
post Nov 5 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,350,255

I have previously been running Nero 7 Essentials for a couple of years which came bundled with a dvd writer and has been working fine. I've recently replaced my dvd writer with a nice new LiteOn writer which comes with Nero 9 Essentials. I tried to uninstall Nero 7 before installing Nero 9 but couldn't get 7 to uninstall no matter what I tried. I installed Nero 9 Essentials and this seemed to have installed over the top of 7 ok. I can use 9 ok but in the add/remove programs both 7 and 9 are showing and am unable to remove either. I've found that Nero 9 Essentials doesn't have the plugin to convert mp3 to audio so rather than paying for just the plugin I've bought myself a boxed version of Nero 11 Platinum. I don't really want to install this until I can remove 7 and 9 from my pc. Is there a way to remove them so that I can make a clean install of Nero 11 ? My pc is XP Pro with sp3.

Kaidi

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Nov 5 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (kaidi @ Nov 5 2011, 07:45 PM) *
Is there a way to remove them so that I can make a clean install of Nero 11 ? My pc is XP Pro with sp3.

http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html#tab4

+Quote Post
kaidi
post Nov 5 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Many thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a try.

+Quote Post
kaidi
post Nov 6 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #4

jens-f.............I've downloaded the clean up tool and cleared out the previous Nero and installed my new Nero 11. Everything works fine. Does everything I need. Have noticed though that Nero 11 doesn't appear to have LabelTag as does in Nero 9 Essentials. Have I missed something or is it not included in Nero 11 ?

Kaidi

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Nov 7 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi kaidi,

Unfortunately LabelTag is not included in any complete version of Nero. It was only included in some OEM/Essentials older versions. If what you use is LabelTag, I suggest you to keep your OEM Nero 9 version installed paralel on your system.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
kaidi
post Nov 8 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #6

Infohelp..................Thanks for the info and advice, I'll give that a try.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic