IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 11 burning .AVI to play in DVD player??
skitz0
post Oct 30 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,336,250

How do I burn a .AVI file to a DVD-R disc using Nero11 so it will play in my DVD player???? I'm confused because I know my older Nero edition used Nero Vision to do this....please help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 30 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Just in your old Nero version, the file has to be authored by Nero Video or like program into the DVD-Video format. Thus, you should use either Create DVD or "Make Movie or Slide Show".

+Quote Post
skitz0
post Oct 30 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,336,250

all i want to do is figure out how to burn this .avi file to a dvd and have it play in the dvd player....your reply was confusing and i cant figure what you're trying to say.

+Quote Post
ScroogeMcDuck
post Oct 30 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,405,852

Maybe the reply seemed confusing because your question wasn't as clear as you thought it was...

Basically there are two different ways to burn an .avi-file on dvd for play in a dvd player:
1. IF you have a dvd-player that is capable of playing avi-files, you can simply use Nero Burning Rom or Nero Express and burn a data disc with the .avi-file untouched.
2. However, as you mentioned NeroVision, I suppose you don't want a data disc with an avi-file but a "real" Video-DVD in compatible DVD-format. For that you will need Nero Video 11. In the "Create & Export" menu, choose DVD - DVD-Video, then import the avi-file and follow the instructions. You can either create a menu and chapters, or just make a simple DVD without menu and one video. In the final step, NeroVideo will either write the necessary DVD structure on a DVD or to a folder on your hard disk. If you used NeroVision before, it should be easy for you because NeroVideo is very similar.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 30 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

He mentioned that Vision is in his older version and the subject says he's using v11. The answer is the same regardless of whether he used Vision or Nero Video.

I gave him instructions for using Nero Video.

I didn't mention the data disc because most standalones won't play one. It would play on his PC but he would have to select the file using the player.

Skitz0 should select Nero Video and then the choices that we mentioned are in the opening screen. The only difference between Vision and Nero Video is that the choices have been separated into different categories in Nero Video.

+Quote Post
Rydias
post Jan 8 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,501,049

QUOTE (ScroogeMcDuck @ Oct 30 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Maybe the reply seemed confusing because your question wasn't as clear as you thought it was...

Basically there are two different ways to burn an .avi-file on dvd for play in a dvd player:
1. IF you have a dvd-player that is capable of playing avi-files, you can simply use Nero Burning Rom or Nero Express and burn a data disc with the .avi-file untouched.
2. However, as you mentioned NeroVision, I suppose you don't want a data disc with an avi-file but a "real" Video-DVD in compatible DVD-format. For that you will need Nero Video 11. In the "Create & Export" menu, choose DVD - DVD-Video, then import the avi-file and follow the instructions. You can either create a menu and chapters, or just make a simple DVD without menu and one video. In the final step, NeroVideo will either write the necessary DVD structure on a DVD or to a folder on your hard disk. If you used NeroVision before, it should be easy for you because NeroVideo is very similar.

I've been trying to burn an avi file to DVD to watch in a typical player, but I'm having issues in which the final product comes out looking "squashed." I started a thread as I didn't know what to do and/or what I'm doing wrong.

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtop...amp;#entry60718

+Quote Post

Closed Topic