Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero MediaHome Essentials 4
tktnuri
post Oct 12 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,299,705

Is the essentials 4 version limited to the number of video's it displays? Currently it only list 10/10 pages and only 160 or 200, videos. Will it require an upgrade to list the remaining videos or folders?

This post has been edited by tktnuri: Oct 12 2011, 08:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wilter
post Oct 12 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,184,686

I can't answer your specific question but I wouldn't think it is limited. You would need to ask at the chat or by e-mail to tech support.

One thing you can do is download the 4.5.8 update. Uninstall your Nero Media Home using the general clean tool (make sure you have your serial number before doing this). Install the update using your serial number during the install. You will still have Essentials but it will be updated.

+Quote Post
tktnuri
post Oct 13 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #3

I have applied the upgrade but still have the same issue. Also my music folders is not showing on the mediahome directory. I even ran the add directory feature twice. Took about 3 hours to add all the music. It shows in the mediahome directory on my server, all the folders show as added but no music, not all the movies, and haven't had a chance to verify the pictures folder either.

Just wish I didn't have to search I've gone through the options menu to see if any settings are making them not show but everything looks normal. Just when I go to my tv it shows nothing or not all.

+Quote Post
wilter
post Oct 14 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,184,686

Are all your folders shared?

+Quote Post
tktnuri
post Oct 15 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #5

Yes all folders and subfolders are shared. When I click on Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials>Media Library it lists all my movies and folders. I also verified they all share the same security features and permissions. Still Nero MediaHome only lists 10/10 pages. Essentially T-Z of my library.

+Quote Post
tktnuri
post Oct 15 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #6

Well I beleive I have figured it out. My TV LG 55LE5500 is limited in the DLNA driver or firmware to only 200 folders and each folder can contain up to 1000 files (I believe). I have each movie in its individual folder because of My Movies media for Windows Media Center I cannot stream directly from my media server to the TV. I will have to continue to use my PS3, 360, or PC to view all the files. I did however puchase the upgrade version for the full Nero MediaHome so I will see if it can stream most of my movies.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic