Start new topic
> Nero Video 11 - AdvrCntr6.dll missing
Ozpeter
post Oct 9 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,118,499

Using the Themes button produces this message (many times over), and the program has to be killed -

"This program requires the file AdvrCntr6.dll, which was not found on this system".

The file is present in the system but for some reason Nero thinks it is missing.

A complete reinstall fixed the problem for a while, but now it has happened again.

I will reinstall yet again but meanwhile any other advice would be gratefully received.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wilter
post Oct 9 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,184,686

I recommend that you submit an e-mail to tech support since it's an intermittent problem. Let us know the resolution (please).

Wither

+Quote Post
Ozpeter
post Oct 9 2011, 04:27 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,118,499

Thanks - after the long uninstall / resinstall process, the error still displayed as soon as I opened the test project I'm using. This time I tried knocking down (with the "ok" button in the error dialog) the error boxes as soon as they appeared - a new kind of video game! - and after despatching a number of them in that way, in several waves, the program now seems to be running ok. Closing and reopening the project then worked without further problem.

I'll see how this goes. My experience with contacting support is that their responses are slow and a bit "automated", unlike the rapid advice I get here! But further googling indicates that this problem dll is part of the program protection mechanism so I guess only Nero will be able to comment further.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic