Start new topic
> Burn process failed with status 3
chrisded
post Oct 4 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,225,841

Hello,

I recently bought Nero Multimedia Suite 10 but I can't burn DVDs with Nero Vision. I get the following message at the end of the process: "Burn process failed with status 3". Can anybody help please?

I have spent a few hours on this forum looking for and trying all proposed solutions. I have downloaded the latest version of Nero Vision. I have deleted and re-installed all Microsoft.NET Framework until 3.5 SP1. I have updated the drivers of my two DVD/CD-ROM drives. I have used the slowest possible burning speed. But none of these measures solved the problem. See attached the Error log.

My system: Dell Dimension 9100, Pentium CPU 3.20GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM; Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

My DVD/CD-ROM drives: NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A and HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B.

I am trying to burn at speed of 2.4x a 32 min video on a DVD-R of 4.7 GB / 120 min fit for 1x-16x speed.

I look forward to your Help

Chrisded

Attached File(s)
Attached File  errorburning.txt ( 127.33K ) Number of downloads: 287

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Oct 4 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hi Chrisded,

This Post is related to Vision forum.
The log says "Illegal disc" on your E: drive.

Did you try to burn to DVD folder and then copy it using NeroBurning Rom?

Have you checked the Drive and the disc you use with Nero Disc Speed ?

What's the result ?

Do you write on your E: drive with any other program ?

Regards

Adriano

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 5 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

In addition, is this video commercial?

+Quote Post
chrisded
post Oct 9 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,225,841

Thanks Adriano and Wither,

No this video is not commercial. It is a self made video of the baptism of my youngest niece!

I have checked the Drive and the disc I use with Nero Disc Speed. With one of my two drives, Nero Disc Speed does not "see" any disc in the drive. With the other one, when starting to benchmark, Nero Disc Speed stops and says "Error SCSI Status 0".

No, I am not writing on my E: drive with any other program.

I tried to burn to DVD folder and then copy it using NeroBurning Rom. Result: I managed to burn it to a DVD Folder in my hard drive. This resulted in seven files in the folder, namely VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB; VTS_01_2.VOB. I assume that this is correct. But burning these files to the disc did not succeed. I used Nero Express in NeroBurning Rom, having specified a burning speed of 2.4x. But the process immediately fails, with the message "Burn Process failed at 16x".

This is all very confusing!

Chrisded

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Oct 9 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hi chrisded,
Yes the Video_ts folder is correct, try to play it from Hard disc using Nero KwikMedia (Drag the folder to any Kwik Media Window)

in my opinion you have an hardware problem on your Pc.
Are the DVD drives internal or external?
If they are internal, first check if Power supply is adequate.
I have no expertise with external DVD, then the only thing I can think is: try another drive, but it's strange that both drives fail...

Regards
Adriano

+Quote Post
wilter
post Oct 10 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,184,686

Usually I would say to get a new driver from Dell but you've already done that.

Try unplugging one of the drives, rebooting and plugging back in. Let Windows reinstall it.

Wither

+Quote Post
MyJoes
post Oct 10 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,290,183

chrisded

Sorry I am slight confused with the advice given here and your comment about 'COPYING'.

I assume that the source of your video is from a camcorder!Thus you have IMPORTED into Nero Vision to generate a Video Disc for use on other video players.

WRT to you comment about 'Copying' from your HD. I assume that you did use the correct routine, Video Files, not just burning the contents as DATA.

You mentioned that you have tried Nero Disc Speed and that one drive recognises the DVD but the other does not. Is it possible that the disc has not been FINALISED. When using the Nero Disc Speed program did you try the 'Scan Facility' to verify there is no apparent problem with the disc.

If you have either a RW or a spare R disc, I would use Nero Disc Speed routine to generate a TEST disc to verify that both drives can SCAN this disc. This basically eliminates external influences. If this is satisfactory then I would try burning a DATA disc using any of the Nero applications and then verify these with Nero Disc Speed.

+Quote Post
tomlives2011
post Oct 10 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,295,677

I have the same problem. I did some research and it seems to be related to the motherboard chip set. I have an I7 , is that what you are running?

+Quote Post
mummyslittle
post Oct 14 2011, 01:19 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,302,767

Hi everyone i'm having the same problem, I hve tried using 5 different burning programs and all have failed trying to write to disk, I am wondering if I need to replace my whole cdrom drive, i'm not that tech savvy in the past I have created a movie using my movie maker and then burnt it with sonic mydvd this time I have used pinnacle studio 12 and have tried burning it with sonic, cyberlink power2go, nero and 2 others all have failed, I have attached the log from nero. If anyone has any ideas please let me know I appreciate any help and for 3 days I have been trying to burn a disk. I have slowed down the burning to 4x, I have cleaned my cd drive, I have done everything I can think of.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  neroerror.txt ( 77.57K ) Number of downloads: 235

+Quote Post
MyJoes
post Oct 14 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

mummyslittle

I am sure that you will get additional response to this. Looking at your .txt it seems that you are not using the latest version of the program.

Before taking the drastic step of replacing your drive I would suggest that you verify that the FIRMWARE of the unit is upto date. Secondly I would try the Nero Disc Speed program to generate a TEST disc and verify it by Scanning. This way it you do not have other routines influencing your burning process

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 14 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (mummyslittle @ Oct 14 2011, 01:19 AM) *
[09:55:39] NeroVision 09:52:32 #34 SPTI -1106 File SCSIPassThrough.cpp, Line 224
[09:55:39] NeroVision CdRom0: SCSIStatus(x02) WinError(0) NeroError(-1106)
[09:55:39] NeroVision CDB Data: 0x2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
[09:55:39] NeroVision Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)

This is a medium error.

[09:55:39] NeroVision Disc Manufacturer ID: CMC.MAG.

Have you tried other brands of media? CMC Magnetics are sometimes not the best media..

+Quote Post
MyJoes
post Oct 18 2011, 03:55 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

jens-f

I would bow to your better knowledge of the DVD disc suppliers.

From a recent enquire into discs specified to be used in conjunction with a consumer product. I found that Maxell and Hitachi were part of the same orgranisation. Viewing CMC Magneic web-site it would seem that they supply CD/DVD Media labeled by Philips and also an OEM supplier. Thus to whom do they supply Media to.

So my query is when one buys a product, who actually manufactures them.

I am sure that many USERS are aware that LG DVD drives are actually labeled HLDS. It seems when looking into this HLDS it is Hitachi-LG-Data Services.

On this bases LG, Hitachi, Maxell are all connected.

Is it possible that Nero may even be associated with these companies.

This post has been edited by MyJoes: Oct 18 2011, 04:02 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic