Start new topic
> PAL to NTSC with NERO?
x70Ayu
post Jul 10 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,846,649

Hello,

i have heard that NERO SW can convert PAL DVDs into NTSC.
I have Nero 9 with Recode essentials, but i cannot find any option that allows to do such conversion.

Do you know which NERO SW can do that?

Apologies if this has been asked many times already, but i couldnt find anything with forum search function.

Many thanks in advance,
Teo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
x70Ayu
post Jul 10 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Actually, in the meantime i have found this very useful thread on the same topic (from Sept.2010):
http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=4865&st=20

So it turns out that NERO customer support acknowledge that the conversion from PAL to NTSC has general issues. This is due to the fact that NERO does not support 2:3 pull-down function, required for this procedure (don't ask me the technicality of this function as i have no idea... :unsure: . However it also seems that somebody managed to convert successfully.
Unfortunately in my case it failed. I have a personal DVD created in native PAL from my camcorder with PowerDirector. I have imported the DVD files in Nero Vision, set NTSC in the general options and created the new version in NTSC. The video is fine but there is no audio. This in fact is one of the possible issues mentioned by NERO customer support.

Now, i wonder if somebody is aware about a few tricks during the process with Nero Vision to minimise the risk of failure, specifically in case of missing audio. For example:
- menus should not be used
- better to use single-title DVDs or .iso files rather than dvd video files sctructure (Audio_TS, Video_TS)
- etc.

Thanks,
Teo

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 10 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I'm not aware of any issue with the conversion. Did you actually talk to tech support or did you talk with customer support?

Did you try importing the disc rather than importing the files?

How do the files play in preview prior to burning?

+Quote Post
x70Ayu
post Jul 10 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 10 2011, 05:15 PM) *
I'm not aware of any issue with the conversion. Did you actually talk to tech support or did you talk with customer support?

I did not communicate personally with Nero support; another guy that originally raised the issue back in September 2010 mentioned it. I have put the link to that thread in my post (here is again: http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtop...865&st=20); there you can also see the answer from a member of Nero support. I am not sure if that is tech support or customer support, but he/she seems pretty sure about the whole story.
QUOTE (wither)
Did you try importing the disc rather than importing the files?

I have tried both, same result
QUOTE (wither)
How do the files play in preview prior to burning?

video plays fine, but no audio

Let me know if there is any advice you can provide and many thanks for your reply.

Teo

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 11 2011, 03:13 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I don't know what planet I was on when I replied. You had already covered everything I asked. Sorry about that.

I don't know if any of the updates since September address this situation. Perhaps Infohelp will answer that in the morning.

+Quote Post
x70Ayu
post Jul 11 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #6

No worries Wither. Actually thanks for your time.
Should InfoHelp not provide feedback to this thread, what is the best way for me to contact Nero support?

I do not believe in randomness for these things... I mean i believe Nero support stating that the SW does not support this "2:3 pull-down", but i also want to believe that somebody out there has successfully converted PAL to NTSC, so maybe there is a specific way doing it or it works only under specific circumstances, which are not so evident. So i was hoping that one of these happy souls would show up and enlighten... ;)
Anyway i have upgradedto the latest Nero9 today but i won't be able to use it until Thursday. I will update then.

Cheers,
Teo

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 12 2011, 02:32 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

For a technical issue like this, the best thing to do is send an e-mail. Click on "support from a Nero expert" in the General subforum and follow the links. Don't forget to let us know what they say.

This post has been edited by wither: Jul 12 2011, 02:36 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic