Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Multiple Sessions Nero 8
judiassony
post Jul 1 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,133,158

I need multiple sessions on most of the CD's I burn. The 1st time Nero asks me if this is going to be a multiple session, I check yes. The 2nd time I insert the CD it tells me it is a multiple session CD, and it allows me to add to it, but doesn't ask if I still want it to be multiple sessions. The 3rd time I insert the CD it won't allow me to add to it, and it has become a "read only" disk. There was only 18 mb, so it wasn't full.

I'm sure there is some step I've missed. I open Nero SmartStart, select Data Burning, click on the green ADD button, select the files, click burn and it says I need a writable disk. I have had to go back to using windows XP write to disks.

Where did I go wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Aug 6 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,143,291

Hi Judiassony,

You need to use Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM if you wish to create Multisesion discs. The Data Burn feature in Nero StartSmart only allows you to do a single burn, and then it will close the disc.

More than likely, the first time you used Nero Express to create the multisession disc, and then the second time you used the Data Burn Feature in Nero StartSmart, and this would cause the symtoms you are seeing. At least, that's the only way I'm able to duplicate your experience as you've reported it here.

Regards,
Craig

+Quote Post
judiassony
post Aug 16 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,133,158

Thank you very much Craig, I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Judi

+Quote Post

Closed Topic