Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> nero 8
grizzal
post May 5 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,768,845

recently i uninstalled my nero 8 and iam trying to reinstall it but iam having problems! the software doesnt load up automatically and ive looked for it in to start up but nothing.what should i try?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post May 5 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Guests

A little bit more info would be appreciated.

I have not recently downloaded the latest Nero 8 Suite, but I have downloaded 'Securdisc Viewer' and this is a Nero 8 routine and I have not experienced any problems.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 6 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi grizzal,

Are you reinstalling from the disc?

I recommend you to download and install the latest Nero 8 update from our web page, and not to use the installation disc. You can download it from here:

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero8-update.php

I would also suggest to run the Cleantool before starting the installation, to make sure that all Nero 8 applications have been removed. Does this help?

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
tryagain
post May 17 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,776,642

I have the same issue and I'm frustrated to no end.

I've 'cleaned' Nero 8 from my computer because I was having "InCD" problems. I tried to re-install Nero8 from my disc I got with my LiteOn DVD drive. It TOOK FOREVER and seemed to NOT be doing anything. I came to this forum and read to download from the site. I DID. Now it shows I'm installing Nero8 TRIAL VERSION !!

NO !!! I want the FULL version !!!

What is this crap ??? Also it's now on the window showing "computing space requirements" and "preparing to install" and it's taking FOREVER AGAIN !!!

What is up with this ? I've spend over 3 hours trying to do this and I'm not incapable of installing software !! I read numerous places about these problems. What is with you NERO technicians ? Why do you have such a hassle laden product ?
I'm about to get rid of all my NERO stuff, this is not right.

TELL ME the right way to do this !!

This post has been edited by tryagain: May 17 2010, 05:06 AM

+Quote Post
tryagain
post May 17 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #5

I've just cancelled installation and the program won't even let me cancel. I have to "hard stop" my computer.

I've had to do this each time too.

Something is terribly wrong with this Nero product. It's so buggy it's insane.

Someone, a Nero technician should, detail EXACTLY what to do with installing Nero8 from a DISC as that's what came with my LiteOn.

Tell EXACTLY how long it should take, 2 hours IS unexceptable ! I just watch my computer and wonder, IS IT DOING ANYTHING ?

What gives ?

+Quote Post
tryagain
post May 17 2010, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Here's another forum and this guy sounds like he's having problems like me...

http://club.myce.com/f3/nero-8-install-problem-233889/

Who's going to accept blame here ? Where does the buck stop ?

I am running Vista SP1 with plenty of RAM (1.5g) and a decent enough processor. There is NO problem here. It's only with this installation.

I am trying this again and it's stuck (for nearly an hour !!) on the "preparing installation Wizard" AGAIN !!!!!

Is anyone awake and reading this ?

This post has been edited by tryagain: May 17 2010, 05:38 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 17 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

All you do when you download the trial version is to put in your purchased serial number during the installation. Then you have the full version.

Since you have it installed, go into the Nero Control Center, Licenses and add your purchased serial number. That should take care of it. Once you do that, you can leave the trial serial number there or remove it.

+Quote Post
tryagain
post May 18 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (wither @ May 17 2010, 07:45 PM) *
All you do when you download the trial version is to put in your purchased serial number during the installation. Then you have the full version.

Since you have it installed, go into the Nero Control Center, Licenses and add your purchased serial number. That should take care of it. Once you do that, you can leave the trial serial number there or remove it.

Thanks, but it never even installed.
I decided to do a systems restore and that brought me back to my original installation. I was pulling my hair out last night and went OFF verbally !!
Hopefully I won't have any INcd problems as that's back to the original too. There must've been some problem in my uninstall because even with the tool, I still had NERO8 on my 'startup' The tool didn't get rid of that even though when I tried to uninstall again, the tool said there were NO NERO8 'products' on my computer. I wish the uninstall been something I could have pulled out with my hands !!! I have less hair today.

This post has been edited by tryagain: May 18 2010, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 18 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

The clean tool doesn't get rid of everything Nero on your computer- either on your hard drive or in your registry. It's no different that uninstalling any other software.

To completely clean your computer, after running the general clean tool, you have to use the "find" tool in regedit to find all instances of Ahead and Nero and delete all entries. You have to do the same thing on your hard drive. After you did that, you would run the Windows disk cleanup tool and reboot. Turn off anti-virus and reinstall.

Please note that 1.5 Gb of RAM is not a lot of memory for Vista unless you're using Basic which doesn't have the Aero feature.

You also haven't installed SP2 yet. Might be a good idea.

+Quote Post
tryagain
post Jul 8 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #10

Hello I'm back.

Well a couple of months ago I thought I'd restored my computer to the ORIGINAL nero8. NOPE. I just tried to create a dvd and got a message saying my 'trial' period had expired. SO..now I've gone thru my registry as much as I can to remove Nero and Ahead and am going to try to re-install from the OEM disc I got with my Lite-On. I'm really fed up with this...and if it fails this time, I'm putting Nero on my sh*tlist !

I've NEVER had such issues with any software installation in my life.

Someone(s) in product development needs to get on the ball and fix this crap and make it easier like, stick in the disc>run>voila. Use program.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 8 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

What exact problem are you having this time?

If you're using the OEM disk, there should be no trial period except for certain file types which is fixed via the patent applications. Note that the OEM disk is probably an Essentials version, not the full Suite. Therefore, running the V8 update, won't give you the full suite. It only updates the Essentials version which has to be already installed.

+Quote Post
tryagain
post Jul 8 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 8 2010, 03:05 AM) *
What exact problem are you having this time?

If you're using the OEM disk, there should be no trial period except for certain file types which is fixed via the patent applications. Note that the OEM disk is probably an Essentials version, not the full Suite. Therefore, running the V8 update, won't give you the full suite. It only updates the Essentials version which has to be already installed.

After going thru the unistall/reinstall process AGAIN....I went to burn a dvd project and got this message AGAIN !!

I'm sick of it. I purchased my Lite On and this software was INCLUDED...and now I get RIPPED OFF !!!

I've spent at least 6-8 hours over the last couple of months trying to get this right....

I'll be looking for different software now....NERO is on my sh*tlist !!!

+Quote Post
tryagain
post Jul 8 2010, 03:22 AM
Post #13

Yes, my OEM disc is ESSENTIALS

Here's what is says ON THE DISC

CD Kit contains:

Nero Express 8 Essentials, Nero Showtime 4 Essentials, Nero Vision 5 Essentials, Nero Recode 3 Essentials, INCD 4 Essentials.

NOWHERE does it say ANYTHING about trial periods !

I have spent TOO MUCH time on this. I just hope others don't fall victim like I have. What a RIPOFF !!!

+Quote Post
tryagain
post Jul 8 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #14

So here's the end of my log for the above mentioned dvd burn project,

[20:25:54] NeroVision 3K28-0118-2A05-0K55-005X-5047-C51E-**** (*)
[20:25:54] NeroVision Windows Vista 6.0
[20:25:54] NeroVision IA32
[20:25:54] NeroVision WinAspi: -
[20:25:54] NeroVision NT-SPTI used
[20:25:54] NeroVision Nero API version: 8.3.6.0
[20:25:54] NeroVision Using interface version: 8.0.1.1
[20:25:54] NeroVision Installed in: C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning Rom\
[20:25:54] NeroVision Application: Nero\NeroVision
[20:25:54] NeroVision Internal Version: 8, 3, 6, 0
[20:25:54] NeroVision === Scsi-Device-Map ===
[20:25:54] NeroVision === CDRom-Device-Map ===
[20:25:54] NeroVision HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-T10N E: CdRom0
[20:25:54] NeroVision slimtype eSAU208 3 F: CdRom1
[20:25:54] NeroVision =======================
[20:25:54] NeroVision AutoRun : 1
[20:25:54] NeroVision Excluded drive IDs:
[20:25:54] NeroVision WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
[20:25:54] NeroVision BUFE : 0
[20:25:54] NeroVision Physical memory : 1469MB (1504656kB)
[20:25:54] NeroVision Free physical memory: 837MB (857152kB)
[20:25:54] NeroVision Memory in use : 43 %
[20:25:54] NeroVision Uncached PFiles: 0x0
[20:25:54] NeroVision Use Inquiry : 1
[20:25:54] NeroVision Global Bus Type: default (0)
[20:25:54] NeroVision Check supported media : Disabled (0)
[20:25:54] NeroVision 7.7.2010
[20:25:54] NeroVision NeroAPI
[20:25:54] NeroVision Existing drivers:
[20:25:54] NeroVision Registry Keys:
[20:25:54] NeroVision HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
[20:25:54] ExpressUI Burn process failed with status 3
[20:25:54] ExpressUI Failure message: 'The project could not be recorded because some of the necessary licenses have not been activated.
[20:25:54] ExpressUI Please follow the instructions on the screen to activate your license. After the license has been successfully activated, please restart the application and try again.'
[20:26:10] AMCUIBase Setting 'ENU' as Nero File Dialog language

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 8 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Hi tryagain,

It is like this, you have purchased an OEM/Essentials version of Nero that does not contain all the features of the retail version.
Please note that the recorder manufacturers, who bundle their hardware with Nero software, decide which of its features will be implemented in the Nero OEM/Essentials version. Your OEM/Essentials version is therefore limited in its capability.
To be able to use all the features of the full version, you will need an upgrade serial number.

In your case the DVD Video Multichannel plug-in is not included in your version. Usually a 30 days trial is included for this function and there is no other way to solve the problem than to purchase the product. This is like this. Essentials versions are bundled versions. Retail versions are complete versions.

So you have two possibilities here. We actually do not sell the Multichannel plug-in in our web page anymore. Still sometimes you can still purchase the plug-in by clicking on "Buy Now" when you get the message. If this doesn´t work you will have to upgrade to Nero 10. There is nothing that you can change in your computer to try to fix this, because this is not an error. It is like this, you received a limited version, with some trial functions included included in your Nero 8 Essentials version, and not the full version.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Jul 8 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

This subject OEM/ESSENTIAL keeps cropping up. I believe nero has previously explained the difference about the BUNDLED versions and the programs offered on th website, which are all 'Trial' versions until an acceptable licence/ser no is entered.

I believe that sometime ago I was told that when accessing the latest version of the program, the installer only installs the routines for the BUNDLED version

With regards to not being able to ABORT the installation. I believe this is mainly due to the PC not being unable to access the disc drive to stop reading from the disc.

tryagain

From your screen-shot it would seem that you have been able to download the trial version, which has expired. Did this routine complete it installation. Also please note the contents of your screen-shot, it does not actually imply that 'Trail period' ot the program has expired, it seems to me just the trial period of the of the 'MPEG Video....' has expired.

Only Nero can answer this question, When reinstalling from the disc, does the installation routine check the validity of the MPEG trial period

There are 2 thing I would do in your case, the first being to download Nero Disc Speed from http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html, and 'Scan' your OEM disc or any other disc.

The second would be to download INCD which is FREEWARE/SHAREWARE and available from the same web-page, then use this to routine to verify the operation of your drive.

If these 2 routines, which does not involve accessing the your drive or disc, just your PC and the Internet, function satisfactory, then I would suspect your BUNDLED disc.

By the way you have not said if you have approach the original supplier of the disc and/or the drive, it is the usual process before laying the problem at Nero's door.

I note that the origianator of this thread grizzal has not submitted any further input. Does this mean his problem has been resolve

This post has been edited by ploughman39A: Jul 8 2010, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 8 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

This post intends to make some ponits clear:

From your screen-shot it would seem that you have been able to download the trial version, which has expired. Did this routine complete it installation. Also please note the contents of your screen-shot, it does not actually imply that 'Trail period' ot the program has expired, it seems to me just the trial period of the of the 'MPEG Video....' has expired.

No, this is not like that. It is not possible to install Nero 8 trial versions anymore. Only if you have a serial number you can install a trial version. He installed the Nero 8 Essentials version, but as I said before, this version only includes a trial period for the "DVD Video Multichannel plug-in".

Only Nero can answer this question, When reinstalling from the disc, does the installation routine check the validity of the MPEG trial period.

The installation routine has nothing to do with this. When you install a Nero version, it will be the serial number that you use to install your version, what will define the: applications, functions, plug-ins that will be included and activated.

So, if you have a Nero 8 Essentials serial number, you can download and install the latest Nero 8 update, but only the functionalities, applications, plug-ins included in this serial number will be activated. The rest will not be activated and the moment that you want to make use of them, you will need either to purchase the plug-in or to upgrade to the complete version.

There are 2 thing I would do in your case, the first being to download Nero Disc Speed from http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html, and 'Scan' your OEM disc or any other disc

I do not understand what you mean with this. As you already know, this has nothing to do with the disc. This is only related to the serial number.

The second would be to download INCD which is FREEWARE/SHAREWARE and available from the same web-page, then use this to routine to verify the operation of your drive

Again, there is no need to do this. Please read my previous post. There you can see all the information needed. This will only complicate a very simple situation.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 8 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Infohelp- Thanks for clarifying what the Trial error message was all about. I had told him it was related to the patent activations and, obviously, I was in error.

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Jul 8 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

First of all I would like to thank Infohelp in enlightening me that there is not a problem with the Forum. I wished to view all the posts on this thread while I was replying and found that the current screen only allowed me to view posts back to the 18/5. The thread actually started on the 5/5 and to view posts prior to the 18/5 another window has to be opened

Post started by grizzal on the 5/5/10. Infohelp on the 6/5/10 recommend down load, since then grizzal has not been back

Subsequently tryagain on the 17/5 quoted Trial and supplied a screen-shot on the 8/6 which quotes shows 'TRIAL'. Whether this is for the program or the MPEG-2 information I am not sure. Since then other than Infohelp, wither and myself there has only been one other submission, as can be seen in the recent post check.

Infohelp

I appreciate what you are saying about 'Trial' version for the program but you have confirmed my statement about 'DVD Video Multichannel plug-in', also the fact that only the 'Essential' routines are updated. That is what I believe you to say.

I am not sure when the check is done with respect of what parts of 'Essentials' are to updated. It can either be done during the unpacking of Nero 8 update or during the installation process and as you have confirmed it is the serial number which defines it.

My suggestion about removing his BUNDLED disc from the loop was to verify the functionality of the drive and a disc. Using NDS he can verify that there is no problem with the Bundled disc. I can not find any reference that the disc has been checked, other than trying to install the program.

I must bow to your better knowledge about 'TRAIL' version of Nero 8. Thus I wonder where the attached display comes from after trying to install nero 8 on my PC which already has Nero 9 installed. I believe it does say 'TRAIL' version. But I do not want to go the same-way as ploughman, which is the missing person on the thread list.

wither

I have not fully digested the contents of the post but I do not believe you were in error about the TRAIL period of patent activation.

tryagain

You get what you pay for, thus it is not a RIP OFF.

You do not get a Rolls Royce when you buy a mini. They are both cars

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Closed Topic