2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
> Blu-Ray Disc "Cannot play this media"
Grumpster
post Oct 17 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,218,955

Mister M: please read the above posts. Conclusion: no change after the update. Still same error.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aben2amu
post Oct 17 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,023,449

Hi,

I have been trying to play BDs on my PC running Windows 8 Enterprise 64, I have no WMC installed.
The Nero Blu-ray player after updating still does not play BDs, so far I have tried with several and still same error.

This post has been edited by aben2amu: Oct 17 2012, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post
try10
post Oct 18 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,650,419

No improvement, same error message. I even reinstalled on a clean Windows 7 on the same computer. One thing I have noticed is it never asks for a patent activation. So I don't know if that may be part of the problem. There is definitely some issues, this go around.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 19 2012, 03:44 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I noticed the same thing about patent activation. I haven't been asked for it and I've used all the formats that require it.

+Quote Post
try10
post Oct 22 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #25

I found the solution to my problem! Nero Blu-ray player will not work with dual monitors. I had the computer monitor hooked with the DVI cable and I had the Samsung HD TV in the living room hooked up through an HDMI cable. Both monitors are Blu-ray compliant, but you can only run one at a time or you will get an error message. I disconnected the HDMI cable off the back of the computer started the Blu-ray player, it asked for patent activation, afterwords it started working. I created a shortcut on the desktop to go from single to dual monitor feature, when I want to run the Nero Blu-ray player.

On Nero 10, I can't update because of the same error message even with the HDMI cable disconnected. Make sure you have a region selected on your Blu-ray player prior to installing Nero. I think it is because there is no region selected and I am unable to select the region because it is grayed out. Without totally uninstall and reinstall I don't know if an update is possible. For now I will not update Nero 10 because it works fine without it. I hope this information helps.

This post has been edited by try10: Oct 22 2012, 03:54 AM

+Quote Post
Grumpster
post Oct 22 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,218,955

Please be advised that my prob was solved by a small patch file I received from techsupport. Plays perfectly now and my 2 monitor set up is no prob at all ( I have dual pc monitors) Thanks guys for the responses.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 22 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Aren't you special. :) I guess you're no longer a Grumpster.

+Quote Post
aben2amu
post Oct 22 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 10,023,449

Well I do not have 2 monitors, but the one I have is connected thru HDMI both ways. Tech support is still trying to figure out my problem.

UPDATE: Changed cable to DVI-HDMI and still same problem.

This post has been edited by aben2amu: Oct 22 2012, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
try10
post Oct 29 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #29

aben2amu; check my previous post, there may be an issue with the region zone grayed out. It will give you the same error message. I have concluded, but I'm not totally sure. Without totally uninstalling your product, making sure the region zone is set, in the device manager, prior to installing Nero.

I know the new Blu-ray players a lot pickier than the old set up. The manufacturers almost get anal trying to protect their product. Which creates functionality problems with regular end users. They need to back off their security, so that the program will work. This reminds me of how DVD was a few years back. It gets to the point of being ridiculous.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 30 2012, 03:56 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Protection is going to get a lot tougher with a new treaty recently signed by many nations.

+Quote Post
Davel23
post Nov 15 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 10,296,463

I'm having the same problem. Drive is an LG GGW-H20L. Not dual monitor. Drive region is set in Device Manager. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 15 2012, 04:27 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

First, have you gone to the Nero ControlCenter and run the check for updates?

Second, I recommend you sent an e-mail to tech support at techsupport@nero.com. They're going to want to see your nerosupport.cab file. It's generated by running the "get support files" utility which you can download from nero.com- http://www.nero.com/enu/support.html?ecid=...quest:438%2C439

+Quote Post
ppiper
post Jan 25 2013, 06:52 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 8,633,708

Grumpster may I have this patch I have the same problem, Can you possibly upload it here? Or can a moderater pm me this mans email so I can get my nero blu ray to play. It will play only one display at a time. Thanks.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 25 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

In most cases, people don't come back after their problem has been resolved.

I assume you have v12. As I mentioned above, have you run the check for updates? Numerous updates to the blu-ray player have been made since this thread was originated?

+Quote Post
ppiper
post Jan 25 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #35

Yes I have updated, this has been a problem with platinum 11 also (if updated) . Nero had it right without the blu ray player. Nero oem 11 platinum with no updated plays blu rays via kwik media perfectly with dual screens. My options are to wait and get this patch or wait for an update, or go back to nero plat 11 without any updates( blu ray player) I really want the blu ray player and 12 plat to work right and an ati 4850 card updated with the latest driver core i7 970 setup. I have nero plat 10 11 and 12 that I just purchased yesterday thinking this would of been taken care of by now. Also it is very sad there is no 25gb choice in nero recode with the ability to shrink a 50gb disk to 25 . There is not a whole lot difference between 11 and 12 and the upgrade price is cheap but I dont mind paying for quality, I have been a nero fan for many years.

I can convert my blu ray isos to mkv then play with kwik media via dual screens perfectly with nero 12 plat, but blu ray disks or isos being mounted no way only one moniter at a time and it will play, but I need dual, this pc is in the living room and my other screen is way to big to be unhooking and playing one at a time I cant use the mouse to see the screen! This is very frustrating I have tried everything. I sent an email with the files they want to nero lets see if they get me this magic patch or Ill be uninstalling and having to go back to oem nero 11 platinum without blu ray player (very disappointing) I already have went backwards after updating nero 11 all the way to current and now the same thing with nero 12 plat.

Blu ray player nero 12 dual screens a no go. Plays fine on each monitor single and the picture is nice! I want the blu ray player! Thanks. This is the only thread online I could find about this, Im not a nero noob this is the only problem I have ever had with nero whatsoever any other little problem that would bombard most people I have fixed myself. I need this patch.

The blu ray player is catching up to power dvd but not quite there yet I hope a nero mod sees this thread because Im sure the dual screen problem is there but most people only use 1 monitor.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 26 2013, 03:48 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

The problem I have with this is that the blu-ray player was introduced with v12 and I think it's part of Kwik Media which is universal to v10 through v12. There should be no differences whether you launch it from v11 or v12.

There was an update to the HD Player (which I think relates to the Nero blu-ray player) just a few days ago. I don't know what it did.

+Quote Post
ppiper
post Jan 26 2013, 04:22 AM
Post #37

Hello Wither do you know if this forum is moderated by a nero tech?. If I make my own thread will I get more help? No response from nero yet via email its been 24hrs Ill wait a day or 2 then Ill have to ditch my precious 12 version to my laptop and go back to the original 11 platinum on my desktop. Is this forum moderated by advanced nero users or people who actually work for nero? I really really want that blu ray player software to work I have been waiting forever to use, this reminds me of nero 7 would do the same thing with showtime via non clone mode with ati card. COME ON NERO. It just wont play at all with 2 plugs plugged into my card.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 26 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Unfortunately, the forum is not actively monitored by Nero employees. They will occasionally come in and respond to threads but their replies are normally "contact tech support". For video, I consider Mister_M and Hg-dude advanced users (I hope I'm not offending any of the other volunteers). I guess I might be considered an advanced user since I've been in here daily for over four years, however, the people I mentioned do more video creation than I do.

Not everybody has multiple monitors and, I think, this kind of problem can be answered best by tech support.

Normally, it takes 1-5 working days to get a technical response. They don't work the weekend so you'll just have to hang in there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed Topic