Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 12 Platinum Blu Ray Player does not work
punster
post Nov 20 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,128,677

Got an open ticket in support but figured someone here may have an idea. I've got a WH10LS30 LG Blu Ray player/burner. I had issues with Kwik Media playing blu rays in 11 (would load but then hang). Upgraded to Nero 12 figuring the Blu Ray player would be improved. Unfortunately, all I get when I attempt to play a blue ray is a "Cannot Play this Media" immediately after hitting the play button. Doesn't attempt to access the drive although it recognizes the disk in there. I sent my system info to support, but they're response was "update your drivers", which are already updated to the latest, I've also switched motherboard,video, CPU and get the exact same error.

I did a complete uninstall and registry edit to remove all references to Nero, reinstalled from scratch and am getting the exact same error. Powerdvd works fine. Support had me copy The files “BDCore.properties” and “log.cfg” to the c:\program files (x86)\nero\nero blu-ray player directory then attempt to play the dvd and get the error. It's supposed to create a bdcore.log file in the programdata\nero directory. It never gets that far and doesn't create the file.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit I've attached to cab file to see if anyone else can make heads or tails of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 20 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I presume you went back to tech support to report the results.

Please delete your support cab file. It shouldn't be posted in the forum.

I doubt that everything Nero related was removed from your registry. For instance, did you do a find for kwikmedia in the Keys (not values or data)?

+Quote Post
GreedySmurfTJ
post Nov 26 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,105,026

Hi punster,

Please send the errror messsage and the BDcore log file to our techsupport. You can contact Technical Support using the direct e-mail address: techsupport@nero.com.
Alternatively, you can also get in touch via the chat line first.
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-contact.html

Best regarards,
GreedySmurfTJ

+Quote Post
mvriley
post Dec 2 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,253,482

Hi Punster,

I upgraded from Nero 8 with blu-ray add-on to Nero 12 Platinum. Blu-ray player did not function properly in Nero 8. After the upgrade when trying to play blu-ray, Nero 12 responded with "Cannot Play this Media". After some research I determined that Nero is somehow using cursor files for linking data streams. In my case I discoverd that Nero 8 was using Cursor_n.cur. There was a small red N in the middle of the cursor. I renamed this file and tried the Nero Blu-ray Player again. This time I got a message about activating the Patent. I answered the prompt, the patent activated and the blu-ray player began working. Now Nero appears to be using a different cursor file. I hope this helps. Your mileage may vary.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 2 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I'm a little confused regarding the reference to the Nero blu-ray player. You changed the file name in v8 (what did you change it to?) but I don't know if the blu-ray player that works is the v8 plug-in or the one in v12. Please clarify.

+Quote Post
mvriley
post Dec 3 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,253,482

wither,

Sorry. To be more specific.

Within my 'Nero 8' suite I was using 'Showtime 4' for Blu-ray and DVD. This in turn was using 'C:\Windows\Cursors\arrow_n.cur' for Blu-ray/HD patent activation.

Within my 'Nero 12 Platinum' suite Blu-ray discs can be played thru 'Nero Kwik Media' or directly thru 'Nero Blu-ray Player'.

I apparently had the same issue as punster.

I renamed the 'arrow_n.cur' file to 'arrow_n_Copy.cur'. This gave me a new prompt at the Nero 12 Bu-ray player to activate/register the patent. I dont recall the exact wording. I followed the prompt. The software went out on the net similar to activating 'Nero 12' and the 'Nero Blu-ray Player' began to function properly.

FYI 'Showtime 4' now gives a similar message the 'Nero Blu-ray Player' gave. I suppose because it cant find the 'arrow_n.cur' file. But since I dont know how this is all tied together and the new player works I dont really care.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 3 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I find it interesting that you had to activate the blu-ray patent in v12. To my recollection, I've never had to activate any patents in v12, which is in contrast to other versions.

I'm glad you have it working.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic